Camp Hope believes that partnering with the home is the best way to pass on faith to our campers. We strive to connect with parents and to help you in talking about faith with your family.
Please let us know how we can partner together and serve you better. Join our conversations via the Social Media links on the right hand side of the page or comment below.
Here are some resources to help you!
Camp Hope provides a Take Home Sheet for you each day of camp. (Available in March 2018 for the summer of 2018). This will show you what your child talked about at Camp Hope including:
- Daily Bible Story
- Daily Theme
- Conversation Questions
- Caring for our Neighbors this summer
- Important Things to Remember for the next day of camp
Praying with Your Children
Don’t know the Camp Hope singing mealtime prayer your child sings at camp? Check out our YouTube Channel to help you learn some so you can sing them at home. And here are some creative and easy Ways to Pray with Children.
The Four Keys for Nurturing Faith
Research has found that there are four key ways to nurture the faith life of the home. These “Four Keys” are ways to participate in the means of grace that extend God’s love and saving work to the world on a daily basis. Think about how you might incorporate them into your own home.
- Caring Conversation – Christian values and faith are passed on to the next generation through supportive conversation. Listening and responding to the daily concerns of our children, makes it easier to have meaningful conversation regarding the love of God and is itself a way to express God’s love to others.
- Devotional Life – Christianity shapes the whole of one’s life and, therefore, involves a lifetime of Christian study, reflection and prayer. This can be individually and as a family.
- Service – Children, youth and adults are more likely to be influenced by those who walk the talk. Service projects are best done with family members and other intergenerational contact from a faith community.
- Rituals and Traditions – Daily routines, celebrations, and other ways families choose to identify who they are and tell their family stories speak volumes about what the family values, believes and promotes.
Apps for Kids and Families
Download Bible apps for kids and families for learning and fun.
Here are some Website Links that you may also find helpful as you think about the Four Keys in your own home.